Friday 4 June 2010

4 June 2010- Principal's point one month on!


It is one month since I joined SCOLA and with the help of staff during this time I have been able to get a better understanding of the way SCOLA operates and was inspired by the ideas they shared with me on how to improve existing practice on our pathway to excellence. My mission for the next month is learning more about what I haven’t already seen. Staff have been extremely supportive and welcoming.
On our mission to keep lifelong learning at the forefront of adult life in challenging times we need all our wits about us and having such dedicated staff with the right attitude is key. My aim is to ensure SCOLA strives to remain inclusive and help those who have benefited least from their initial learning and who face particular barriers to access learning opportunities.
During this month I have witnessed and contributed to planning and providing a wide curriculum range of subjects for our 2010-11 programme.
I remain a firm believer that learning isn’t just about gaining knowledge to do a particular job. It is about broadening the mind and giving people the self-belief and confidence that help strengthen the bonds within the community and helps to build a productive society. Adult learning has a paramount role in encouraging active citizenship. We continue to work closely with the council on creating a sustainable and smarter Sutton.
Saboohi Famili- Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment