Friday 14 May 2010

4 May Start of a new journey


I am delighted join Sutton College of Learning for Adult (SCOLA) on 4th of May 2010. I look forward to working with my dedicated colleagues to building on the successes achieved to date and with their help leading the college to achieving even greater success for the Sutton community and beyond.
I started my working life as an Electronic Engineer and an assistant Professor at Tehran Toosi University. As an entrepreneur I started my Training and Development Business back in Iran in 1994 and since moving to England in 1999 I have held various positions in FE Colleges and HE Institutions. These range from a Lecturer and Team Leader post in Engineering and IT at Merton College to more recently, a member of the senior management team at Thames Valley University leading on the Future Skills project and the Strategic Business Development Unit.
I have over 8 years experience of developing and delivering creative, flexible, business and educational solutions in the regional, national and global marketplace. I have more than 13 years experience of teaching on and managing a wide range of training and learning support provision at a variety of large and complex institutions in Further and Higher education.
I have an MA in Educational Leadership and Management; I am an Electronic Engineer with a BSc Degree in Electronic Engineering and Telecommunications and have extensive skills working in Engineering, IT, and Education. I am a qualified teacher with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education from the Institute of Education.
I have strong leadership and management skills including the ability to motivate and achieve maximum buy-in from all stakeholders, building successful new teams or improving the performance of existing ones. I am a good listener and take pride in creating fun, inclusive, non discriminatory and rewarding working environments.
My recent work at Thames Valley University enabled me to start from scratch the Strategic Business Development unit leading on the Future Skills project. The project was backed by an £8m Higher Education Funding Council (HEFCE) grant. To date it has achieved great success and met all its targets. During my time at TVU I have been very successful in bidding for additional funding to create new provision to address the recession, unemployment and organising targeted support for Business Start-ups. Colleagues often comments on my ability to inspire confidence in people and my infectious energy, drive and determination to achieve excellence and meet ambitious targets.
In my spare time I enjoy walking and hiking, photography, playing the piano and various sports from yoga to squash.
I would be updating this blog with my thoughts and hope you find the reads intersting and of value. I welcome your feedback and support. Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment