Tuesday 25 May 2010

24 May 2010- Election of the Mayor of London Borough of Sutton

Thanks to Dr Ian Birnbaum- Strategic Director - Children, Young People and Learning Services at the London Borough of Sutton who organised a last minute ticket so that I could attend the London Borough of Sutton's Annual Council meeting. I enjoyed the proceedings and found them very interesting, particularly as the SCOLA choir entertained the audience with pieces from My Fair Lady. The after dinner refreshments allowed me to meet with some council members, as well as a few officers in the council. It was very flattering to hear that Paul Martin- Chief Executive of London Borough of Sutton - had heard about my arrival at SCOLA and that he was impressed that in such a short time a positive impact has been made. There is so much that SCOLA can build upon and I am very pleased with the excellent relationship we have with the Council that no doubt will assist me in my quest to drive forward SCOLA to be a powerful local service to support the education and economic development in the Borough. It was very pleasant to hear from the Worshipful The Mayor, Councillor Margaret Court, of how supportive she is of SCOLA and that she would be willing to support us in our events and activities. I came away from the event feeling a buzz. So much to do ... so much to learn... Saboohi Famili- Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment