Thursday 23 September 2010

23 Sep 2010- Meeting and Greeting new Students



This week I had the pleasure of meeting learners in some of our outreach centres. One in particular stands out - this was at Carshalton Boys School . Arriving just after 6.30pm I found the centre staff, Angela Basusi and Debbie Roberts, setting up and getting organised. Greeting students, guiding them to their classes, organising tutors and giving them the necessary paperwork and register all worked very smoothly. I specifically enjoyed the ritual "crossing the fingers" when Angela plugged in the laptop and all in attendance clinched their fingers in a prayer that all would be well! A sigh of relief was heard when everything worked and then it was time for me to say goodbye and leave them to prepare the tea for the upcoming break. Walking away to the car smiling to myself, I knew that SCOLA should be proud to have such good humoured and dedicated staff at the front line and that their main concern is to provide good customer service to our clients. I have been very impressed by what I have seen at our many centres from the begining of the term and immensely priviledged to lead our college. Well done to all!




Saboohi Famili - Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment